* Three 3 acre pastures with new 4 strand insulated, electrified tensile fencing and sheds/shelter access in each
* Two 2/3 acre 3 board fenced paddocks
* Four 12'x14' stalls with 4'x4' dutch windows, half walls with grills, drop down fronts, and sliding doors
* Two 13'x14' stalls as above but with 4'x7' dutch doors opening onto covered 12'x24' outdoor pens
* Stalls and aisles fully matted
* Overhead fans in summer
* Stone dust ring with full set of jumps
* Tack room, bathroom, feed room, blanket racks and space for tack trunks in barn
* Trailer parking
High needs horses
We have the facilities and expertise to provide high need care for horses recovering from injuries, surgeries or other health issues. We are two horse people living on site with a total of over 100 years experience caring for all types of horses with all manner of special needs.
We are prepared for and experienced with:
graduated or limited turnout
hand walking and gradual fitness programs
aftercare of major wounds, surgeries or injuries
leg or hoof wrapping, soaking or poulticing
scheduling and holding horse for treatment by other professionals as desired by owner
other treatments as directed by your vet
$45/day or hour of care or $300/week or by individual arrangement dependent on level of care needed
- 24/7 turnout with a small herd who get along
- We will rearrange horses to maximize balanced herd behavior so everyone is happy.
- Use of all facilities
Grain with high fat and fiber, ration balancer, alfalfa pellets and beet pulp all soaked or dry. Feeding individualized for each horse including owner provided supplements
High quality Timothy or Orchard hay or mixes as well as alfalfa for those who need it.
Clean water at all times. We have troughs in the fields which we dump and scrub frequently.
Free access to rock salt at all times
Wood shavings over rubber mats deep enough for stalls to stay dry and comfortable for lying down. Sheds are also bedded and cleaned regularly.
We supervise and/or separate horses for grain twice a day. Hay in field groups 3-4 times a day Additional feedings possible for horses on stall board.
Eyes on health check twice daily and treatment of minor cuts, scrapes and bumps as needed.
Blanket changes or fly masks/spray as seasonally appropriate with owner provided equipment.
Holding horses for routine vet and farrier visits and a regular deworming schedule at owner's expense.
- Overnight or short term boarding with run out pens and/or limited turnout in our paddocks as available.
- Use of riding or lunging facilities as available
- See our listing on horsemotel.com
- Rooms also available in the barn or house - see our listing on Air BnB
$35/night including initial bedding for self care - we will take care of stripping the stall when you leave
$45/night for full care with your grain/hay/supplements - we will feed, water, turn out, bring in, change blankets or fly masks
$10 discount per night for 3 or more nights up to 2 weeks or 3 or more horses
- Day or night turnout dependent on needs and availability
- Turnout in small group in large field or with a matched partner or individually in a paddock
- Stalled when not turned out
- Use of all facilities