* Two 3 acre pastures with new 4 strand insulated, electrified high tensile fencing and sheds/shelter access in each
* Two 2/3 acre 3 board fenced paddocks
* Four 12'x14' stalls with 4'x4' dutch windows, half walls with grills, drop down fronts, and sliding doors
* Two 13'x14' stalls as above but with 4'x7' dutch doors opening onto covered 12'x24' outdoor pens
* Stalls and aisles fully matted
* Overhead fans in summer
* Stone dust ring with full set of jumps
* Tack room, bathroom, feed room, blanket racks and space for tack trunks in barn
* Trailer parking
High needs horses
We have the facilities and expertise to provide high need care for horses recovering from injuries, surgeries or other health issues. We are two horse people living on site with a total of over 100 years experience caring for all types of horses with all manner of special needs.
We are prepared for and experienced with:
graduated or limited turnout
hand walking and gradual fitness programs
aftercare of major wounds, surgeries or injuries
leg or hoof wrapping, soaking or poulticing
scheduling and holding horse for treatment by other professionals as desired by owner
other treatments as directed by your vet
$30/day or hour of care or $200/week or by individual arrangement dependent on level of care needed
- 24/7 turnout with a small herd who get along
- We will rearrange horses to maximize balanced herd behavior so everyone is happy.
- Use of all facilities
High quality grain -Legends Performance with high fat and fiber as well as soaked alfalfa pellets for those that need it. We will feed that or other equivalent feed and owner provided supplements according to horse's needs.
High quality hay - 2nd or 3rd cutting Timothy or Orchard or mixes as well as some alfalfa for those who need it.
Clean water at all times. We have troughs in the fields which we dump and scrub frequently instead of auto waterers that get ignored and dirty.
free access to rock salt at all times
Wood shavings over rubber mats deep enough for stalls to stay dry and comfortable for lying down. Sheds are also bedded and cleaned regularly.
We supervise and/or seperate horses for grain and hay feeding twice a day. Additional feedings of hay or grain possible for horses on stall board.
Eyes on health check twice daily and treatment of minor cuts, scrapes and bumps as needed.
Blanket changes or fly masks/spray as seasonally appropriate with owner provided equipment.
Holding horses for routine vet and farrier visits and a regular deworming schedule at owner's expense.
- Overnight or short term boarding with run out pens and/or limited turnout in our paddocks as available.
- Use of riding or lunging facilities as available